One of the hippest ways to accessorize your look is by wearing sunglasses. Whether you’re dressing up for an outdoor brunch with friends or slipping into something comfy and casual for travelling, an attractive frame can really change your entire look.
And since they also protect our eyes from harmful ultra-violet rays, wearing them becomes all the more important.
However, just like wearing clothes according to the body type is essential, wearing sunglasses according to the shape of your face will make you look more attractive.
For that you need to know your face type. Here’s how you can identify it:
1. Square: If you have a square face, it means that your face is nearly as long as it is wide.
2. Rectangular: If your face is longer than its wide, then you have a rectangular face.
3. Round: If you have a round chin and your cheekbones are the widest part of your face, then you have a round face.
4. Diamond: If you have a pointed chin and a high cheekbones, then your face is shaped like a diamond.
5. Oval: If your face is naturally well-balanced and subtly rounded, with a forehead that’s marginally wider than the jaw, then you have a face that’s like a triangle.
Now that you have identified the shape of your face, you need to find the perfect pair of sunglasses for your face type. Here’s our guide on which style of sunglasses should you wear depending upon the shape of your face:
1. Square Face: Round frames and aviators
Source – iimg.in
If your face is shaped like a square, then round frames or aviators will looks great on you. The subtle shape of these types of sunglasses will offset the sharpness of your face. On the other hand, if you want to accentuate the shape of your face, go for retro square or rectangular sunglasses.
2. Rectangular Face: Wayfarers, oversized and rectangular sunglasses
Source – dmarge.com
Oversized sunglasses look really good on people with a rectangular face. Larger Wayfarers and rectangular sunglasses in thick frames will also compliment your face. These types of sunglasses will add an edge to your face. It is recommended to avoid wearing small frames.
3. Round: Rectangular, square, wrap and shield style sunglasses
People with a round face need sunglasses that can make their face look thinner and sharper. Rectangular, square, wrap and shield style sunglasses look great on round faces. Opting for frames in bright, vibrant hues will be an added advantage.
4. Diamond: Oval, cat-eye and rimless or semi-rimless sunglasses
Source – rouamat.com
People who have a diamond shaped face should opt for sunglasses that balance their face and draw attention to the eye line. Oval, cat-eye and rimless or semi-rimless frames will be perfect for people with this type of face. They will help accentuate the high cheekbones of this face type.
5. Oval: Everything works
Source – pinimg.com
An oval face is the holy grail of all face shapes. Every frame looks good on them. Classy to sporty, trendy to retro, everything works. Opt for larger shades that cover the face from the eyebrows to the cheekbones.
Finding the perfect pair of sunglasses can be intimidating. So the next time you go out shopping for one, just keep the above mentioned pointers in mind. Take your time and try as many different styles as possible.