When the sun shines brighter and sweat drips from our bodies, doesn’t it feel heavenly when oodles of chilled water run down the throat? When scorching heat drains us out, don’t we feel like devouring dollops of flavoured ice creams? Oh yes, summer always does this to us. Summers are the time to chill out, go holidaying, hiking, or simply being at home relaxing on the couch. So is the time to sip something cool – and we are not talking about cold water. Having cold water is cool, but not a cool idea every time. For this very reason, we’ve got you not one, not two but five cool drinks that you can make at home with ease and spend a cool summer.
Sip some Coolers and stay coolJune 28, 2013 314 0 0
Give into this mouth-watering cooler that will only make you crave for more.
3 cups of water
1-1/2 cups sugar
3 ounce package peach-flavored gelatin (1 in no.)
29 ounce can of peach slices in light syrup (1 in no.)
11.3 ounce cans of peach nectar (4 in nos.)
1/2 cup lemon juice
10 ounce of bottle ginger ale (8 in nos.)
- Take a saucepan; bring together water, sugar and gelatin. Boil this mixture till sugar and gelatin dissolve in water.
- Blend peach slices in a blender until smooth.
- Take a big bowl and combine gelatin solution, pureed peaches, peach nectar and lemon juice. Pour in this mixture in four 1 quartered containers. Cover and freeze them overnight or until firm.
- 1 hour before serving, keep one or more containers at room temperature and then break it into chunks with a large folk. Put together these chunks in a jug and put 2 bottles of ginger ale (made of mixing sugar and ginger in boiling water) into it. Stir it until slushy and then serve.
Revel in the freshness of cucumber spiced up with lemon and mint.
4 peeled and seeded medium cucumbers – sliced into ½ inch slices (approx. 5 cups)
1/2 cup water
Pinch of salt
3 cups of ice cubes
1 tiny bunch of fresh mint
1 lime – juiced
- Mix cucumber, water and salt and blend it until it is smooth like a puree.
- Add ice cubes and mint leaves and go on stirring it till it is slushy.
- Pour in the lime juice and add sugar syrup to match the taste.
- Garnish this tempting drink with cucumber spear and serve it cold.
Minty Mango Tea
How about a tantalizing combination of mango, mint and tea? We bet it would be this season’s best refreshment. Try it out for yourself.
1 cup chopped refrigerated mango slices
1 cup pineapple juice
8 green tea bags
2 mint sprigs
4 cups boiling water
1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- Let chopped mango slices and pineapple juice come together in a blender and blend until it is a smooth puree. Refrigerate this mixture for an hour.
- Take a king-size bowl with ea bags inside and pour in boiling water over the teabags. Add mint sprigs as well. Cover it and let it be as it for 5 minutes. Discard teabags and mint sprigs and cool it covered for an hour. Later freeze it for two hours.
- Divide the chilled tea into a two quartered pitcher. Add pureed mango solution and sugar. Stir this mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- While serving pour this tea mixture into glasses with ice cubes and garnish it with freshly cut mango slice.
Crazy Ginger Pineapple
Lose yourself in this lip-smacking taste of this crazy drink made of ginger and pineapple.
2 cups of orange juice
2 cups of pineapple juice without sugar
2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
1 liter bottle of diet ginger ale
Thinly sliced oranges
- In a pitcher blend orange juice, pineapple juice and ginger. Cover it and freeze this mixture for 2-24 hours
- Strain the mixture and discard ginger and orange pulp.
- Pour ginger ale into this mixture and serve it on the rocks. Garnish it with orange slices.
Seeds or no seeds, watermelon drink would certainly appeal to your taste-buds.
3 cups of coarsely cut seeded watermelon
¾ cup sugar
½ cup fresh mint leaves
2 cups of white grape juice
1 teaspoon shredded lime peel
¾ cup chilled fresh lime juice
4 cups of club soda
- Blend watermelon in a blender until smooth and drain out the pulp and seeds with the help of a strainer.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and mint.
- Press the mint against the bowl and add grape juice, lime peel, lime juice and watermelon puree.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add club soda, stir and serve it fresh.