Shish Taouk (or Shish Tawook) is a Lebanese-Canadian style chicken shawarma preparation common in the areas of Montreal and Ottawa. If you have some special guests visiting your place the very next day or even in the evening, you can definitely make this preparation without much effort. The longer you marinade the chicken, the juicier and more flavourful it gets. Also, the chicken grills much faster.
60 gm red peppers
60 gm yellow peppers
60 gm green peppers
80 gm mushrooms
20 gm lollo rosso
50 gm carrot
80 gm red reddish
1 teaspoon parsley
Salt to taste
4 loaves of pita bread
50 gm butter
1. Take a blender and combine egg and garlic
2. Pour-in oil and prepare a mayonnaise
3. Marinate the chicken with pepper, salt, little oil, lime juice and the above prepared garlic mayonnaise.
4. Keep it overnight
5. Cut dices of green, yellow and red peppers and blanch mushrooms well
6. Now skewer pieces of cubed chicken and diced peppers alternately with mushroom, arranging 3 chicken pieces per skewer
7. Cook the skewered meat on a charcoal grill for about 10 minutes
8. Keep basting at regular intervals with a little butter
9. Before serving, garnish it with chilled lettuce, parsley, beetroot, lollop rosso, carrot and radish.
10. Serve this scrumptious chicken dish with pita bread as a wrap or on the side.
PS: Try to marinade the chicken for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.