Trying hard to make your first date special – from the right dress code, to the ambiance to everything else… Why not? It could be an unforgettable day and a beginning of something special! From my experience it all starts and ends with how the conversation flows. So, if you are wondering how to start the conversation, read on. I have got some simple tips to make it a lot easier for you.
Prep up for your first dateJune 28, 2013 183 0 0
Here are few hints that can help you to avoid “That awkward moment” and initiate a dialogue.
You can either draw on these statements or simply allow them to motivate you towards creating your own pick up line. Kick start by plainly soliciting your partner about themselves. It might be a bit difficult to do this with an unfamiliar person, but it can prove to be the best way to connect. In between the conversation, do not forget to share as much as you are expecting to know. Pick some basic and general topics or start with these ones:
- What is your favorite pass time?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Do you enjoy reading?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you fear the most?
- What are the smallest things in life that mean a lot to you?
- How would you spend a day with absolutely no rules?
- What makes your head turn?
- What do you love the most as regards to your friends and colleagues?
- Being a child, what did you want to become when you grew up?
These questions will let the conversation be on and moreover offer a skylight to see through your partner’s outlook, thoughts, and beliefs.
Further take the conversation forward by going a bit deeper.
Once your partner gets comfortable talking, it’s time to put forth yourself too. Be a little reciprocal and here are some ideas to take the conversation ahead.
- Do you like your name? Which other name do you think would suit you better? What do you think about mine?
- Do you love adventure? Tel me about your most adventurous experience? (tell your partner about your experience too)
- What was the weirdest thing you did and still managed to get out of the situation?
- What is the best thing you enjoy doing during your holidays? (tell him/her what you like to do)
- Your ideal life would be….?
To get more upfront, you can ask your partner about their crushes on famous people like celebrities.
Further you can talk on topics that might fascinate her. Here are some examples:
- Do you have faith in auspicious objects? Do you own one?
- Tell me about the most enthralling thing you did in the current week?
- What do you like the most about your job?
- One thing that would make you smile when you are extremely depressed?
- Tell me about the first place that strikes your mind to go when you are stressed out?
- Tell me something about your school and college days?
- Does being artistic interest you?
These conversation starters will help create a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere without any awkward moments taking place. Yes, it can be a bit tricky initially but once you build up a good rapport, nothing can stop you from making your first date a massive hit.