Sometimes, one cannot put in words the joy of going on a vacation and visiting a new place abroad. It gives us a much-needed break from a monotonous routine. At the same time, we have to keep many things in mind to ensure a comfortable trip; it starts with packing and arranging a visa. Nowadays, having international travel insurance is also a crucial thing a traveler should remember to include when planning an overseas trip. Some countries have made travel insurance mandatory when applying for a visa. For instance, you should get travel insurance for Schengen Visa if you are planning to visit the Schengen countries.
How Will International Travel Insurance Help You?
We all hope to have an enjoyable holiday overseas, away from the hustle-bustle, but life is always unpredictable; so, we must always have a plan that will keep us safe during emergencies. So, getting an international travel cover is crucial for a family going on a trip abroad. International travel insurance is a type of insurance plan that will cover your medical expenses and non-medical expenses during an overseas trip.
The benefits the plan offers are:
– Cover for emergency hospitalization and personal accident
– The plan offers cover for injury-related dental expenses
– It will also cover pre-existing diseases in case of life-threatening conditions
– Expenses covered for medical evacuation during emergency
– Cover for loss of travel documents like passport
– Cover for non-medical expenses like delay/loss of checked-in baggage
– The plan covers trip delays, trip cancellation, and trip interruption
– It offers personal liability coverage for the insured
– The plan also covers repatriation of remains in case of death
How to Choose International Travel Insurance?
The first thing before you opt for an overseas travel cover is to assess your trip that includes your travel budget and the duration of your vacation. It will help you choose the right sum insured.
Leading insurers offer customized international travel insurance plans. For instance, Care Health Insurance provides destination-specific policies, depending on which country you have decided to travel to. When opting for a travel cover, make sure to check the following:
– Features like sub-limits and deductibles
– Eligibility criteria in the plan
– Travel insurance premium
– Exclusions mentioned in the policy documents
– Procedure to file a travel insurance claim
Also, know the claim settlement ratio of the insurer as it will help choose the best insurer and have a hassle-free experience. For example, Care Health Insurance had a claim settlement ratio of 92.3% in the financial year 2019-20.
One cannot predict illnesses or accidents. Being aware of the uncertainties and safeguarding your overseas trip by investing in an international travel insurance plan will give you financial comfort on your holiday.
The best part is you can opt for the policy online and need not visit any insurance office. All you have to do is visit the insurer’s official website, browse the plans, provide relevant details, and purchase the best travel cover by paying a premium through any of the secure payment modes.