I am sure you must have loved the Three Healthy Salad Recipes (Baby corn and beans salad, Beans and capsicum salad and bread salad from Italy) in our last article. This time we have come up with two more salad delights that are equally tangy.
You can enjoy it on its own or accompany it with main dishes for a grand meal. The best part of the salads mentioned in this article is that they are not just a treat for your taste buds but also a satisfying sight for your eyes.
1. Gazpacho Pasta Salad
Gazpacho Pasta Salad is believed to be inspired by Spanish cold soup and can be relished for easy dinners or even day picnics. This colourful and tangy salad is a treat for your palate.
250g fusilli pasta
4 green onions (chopped)
1 green capsicum (chopped)
1 green chilli (de-seeded and minced)
2 tomatoes (chopped)
1 cucumber (chopped)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic (crushed)
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
175ml tomato juice
1. Boil fusilli pasta for about 10 minutes in plenty of water with a tsp oil and salt.
2. Drain it immediately into a sieve and transfer it to cold water bowl.
3. In a salad bowl combine fusilli pasta, capsicum, onion, green chilli, cucumber, tomatoes, oil, lime juice, garlic, black pepper, salt and tomato juice.
4. Toss everything well and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
5. Toss again and serve chilled.
2. Caribbean Shrimp Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
Bring the sunshine of islands into your kitchen with Caribbean Shrimp Salad with Lime Vinaigrette. Except avocado, all the other ingredients used in this recipe can be prepared beforehand and assembled at the last minute, making it an extremely practical recipe for any hour.
4 cups shrimp (chopped and cooked)
5 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (divided)
2 tablespoons chilli garlic sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime rind (grated)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 garlic cloves (minced)
Dash of salt
8 cups fresh baby spinach
1 cup mango (peeled and chopped)
1 cup radishes (julienne-cut)
1/4 cup avocado (peeled and diced)
1/2 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons pumpkinseed kernels (unsalted)
1. In a large bowl, combine shrimps with two tablespoons vinegar and chilli garlic sauce.
2. Toss well and keep it covered for about an hour (refrigerate).
3. Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of vinegar, oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, paprika, cumin powder, salt and cloves in a small bowl; stir it with a whisk.
1. Place 2 cup of baby spinach on the serving dish.
2. Top it with a cup of shrimp mixture.
3. Then arrange mango, radish and avocado around the shrimp.
4. Garnish with a small quantity of green onions and pumpkin seed kernels.
5. Finish with two tablespoons of vinaigrette.