Are you a morning person? Do you feel 100% energetic to prepare an extensive breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning?
Well, if you wish to please everyone in your family, especially kids with a yummicious yet healthy breakfast, then do try your hand at chocolate chips and banana waffles. Unlike other waffle recipes that require separating egg whites and yolk and the exhausting folding in the stiff egg whites, this recipe simply asks for just 10 minutes of your time. Being rich in Potassium, bananas are one of the healthiest fruits for your kids. Here is what you need:
1. In a bowl, break the 2 eggs and whisk them well until fluffy
2. Except chocolate chips and banana, combine all the other ingredients
3. Now add the nicely mashed banana and chocolate chips to this batter
4. Mix well until smooth
5. Let this batter sit for approximately 5 minutes
6. In the meantime, preheat the waffle iron
7. Do not forget to give a light spray with vegetable oil to ensure the waffles come out clean
8. Pour half the batter onto the hot waffle iron and when the bubbles set (will take a few seconds), close the lid
9. Cook until golden brown and serve immediately
You can easily freeze these waffles in the freezer (in a zip-pouch of course) and pop it in a toaster whenever your sweet tooth makes you take a journey to the refrigerator.
You can choose to sprinkle your waffles with a powdered sugar along with vanilla ice cream for added flavours.