Look around. All the people who you think are leading the best lives have three things in common- they love TRAVELING, they love their FOOD and they love MUSIC. If you ask them, they will tell you- how these three elements are quintessential for a happy life!
While the link between travel and food is very clear (well off course, everyone eats at the end of the day!), you might wonder what is the connection between travellers and music! Well, every traveller has been to one musical festival somewhere for the same reason they travel (the love for the unexplored!)
You haven’t?! Well, here I give you 10 reasons to try it out!
1. Music: If you are a music fan, then there’s no reason why you don’t want to watch your favourite music band or artiste performing live! You can discover new forms of music/genre and decide which ones you like more; a lot of emerging artistes perform at smaller musical festivals. You don’t have a musical idol? Not a music fan? Worry not! The other 5 reasons are sure enough to drive you off to one of the music festivals around the globe.
2. Moments of a life: Once you are at the festival, I bet you’ll end up creating some of the best memories of your life. If you are travelling with friends, you can be sure you are going to have some wonderful time. It’s not just about the music, but the entire experience you would undergo for it- starting from the booking of the tickets, setting up a home-stay, road trip to the venue, sleeping under the stars, sharing the sun-block, playing the guitar before you go to bed, sharing the Chinese Hakka noodles every night, getting up to a beautiful sunrise and to deciding on which outfit to wear. It’s all about enjoying life and having a gala time.
3. Meeting people: Whether you like it or not, you are going to meet a lot of new and weird people (if I may add). Whether you are with a bunch of friends or traveling solo, you are going to meet new, nice, cool and off course some bizarre too, around the stage, backside or next to a water stall. You might even bump into friends who live in the same city as you do, but never see you and second people of all age- even may be your grandparent’s age! Whatever it may be- you are to be entertained all the way. Some of you might just make best friends over criticizing a certain band!
4. Try out fancy & weird stuff: The only place where you won’t be reprimanded for wearing a ‘war-bonnet’ or just a bikini with huge fluorescent green glasses, no one cares! Really, no one does. Everyone’s out to have some fun and soak in good music. No one’s going to judge you on what you wear. You have the opportunity to escape and liberate and be completely yourself and free to express yourself. In fact get some face-paint of your favourite artist, country flag or work out some unusual UV paint. Nobody will call you weirdo! Go on, I promise you! You’ll add to the colour and spirit of the ‘festival.’
5. Get ready to be stumped: Sure, you are there to enjoy and savour some good music! But don’t forget to take a good look around and may be a long detour to your favourite band stage in the ground or parks (Big festivals, comprising of several bands and artists tend to be set in huge grounds) and watch the talent and innovation that people display. An impromptu dance, hippies, sketch artistes, sand sculptors or simply stage artwork. Oh, and don’t forget the many workshops and stalls selling souvenirs right from woodwork, t-shirts to accessories and flip flops.
6. The Team spirit- Everyone at the festival shares a same love for ‘new experiences.’ There’s an eerie bond you can feel all around- everyone’s ready to help an offering hand if you get lost in the crowd, strangers are courteous to help you off a mud trap, share a meal if you are feeling hungry.
So what are you thinking, get ready and prepare to shake a leg. There are tons of music festivals out there waiting to happen to you!