If you expecting guests or want to surprise your kids, Apple Cinnamon Mousse Pastries are simply unbeatable. The slightly spicy cinnamon sponge compliments beautifully with the apple mousse, giving it a creamier and rich taste. The fruity apple flavour with notes of cinnamon makes it especially interesting.
This amazing mousse pastry recipe will win a million hearts and is a must try at home.
1. Cream egg yolks lightly; whisk egg whites with sugar to a meringue and then fold-in the yolks, almond powder and cinnamon powder
2. Spread a thin round layer on a baking tray and bake at 230`c for 5-8 minutes
3. Cool and cut with a cutter into 40 portions
For the apple mousse
4. Boil apple juice and add white chocolate
5. Dissolve gelatine in cold water
6. Boil milk; add egg yolks and gelatin
7. Cool it down, add cream and fold in ganache and apple juice mixture
8. Assemble cake by placing one sponge in cake ring, then a layer of mousse
9. Place one more sponge and finish with the mousse
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and glace with white ganache. You can sprinkle a few dark chocolate chips for an added twist.