It has been long that you have tried something new to spend time with your respective partners. There might be many options to revive a bonding between you both but playing a board game together is very different and works great in adding fun in a relationship in minutes. You may win or even lose but the feeling of joy that you get during the game is unique and unforgettable.
If it’s a weekend night and the kids are off to bed early, this is the best time for you and your spouse to spend some quality time together. Why not try out some different pass time by playing some unique board games mentioned below.
1. Carcassonne: To start with, Carcassonne is an ideal game for two when you are utterly bored of watching TV and chatting with friends on social networking sites. This is one of most loved games by couples as this game is a package of some very interesting puzzles to solve. In this board game, you would get turns to draw and lay tiles just like a puzzle through which you have to complete cities, roads, and other features to build up a modelled area which is designed after Southern France. As the game proceeds, you would be able to earn amounts of points for whatever features you are able to complete.
2. Jenga: This is a very common board game for two players. The game is played with 54 blocks of wooden dices. The blocks are 3 times as long as its width and little smaller in height in comparison. The game starts with the blocks being placed as a tower to make all total 18 towers with the blocks. The one who builds the block takes the first move and he has to take one block from the bottom of one tower. This moved block is then required to be placed on top of the tower. If the tower is found safe to be placed then it’s alright but if the placing may knock down the tower, it cannot be placed atop. The game ends with the falling of the tower. The person who played the move that leads to the tower falling loses the game.
3. Dominoes: Dominoes is another board game for two that is very good to pass quality time together. At the start of the game, the dominoes are placed face down on the table and each of the players has to pick up 7 dominoes randomly. After picking the dominoes you have to keep them hidden from opponents. The players then would check their dominoes and the one who would have the highest doubles would place the doubles on the board to commence the game. After the first round finishes the person who wins the previous round would start first.
4. Bananagrams: This board game is almost like a scrabble game without a board. There are a set of 144 plastic tiles from which you have to choose your pick. Each of the players plays by working to create their own set of crosswords. When any of the players finishes the use of all the letters then all the players have to pick a new tile. Once all the tiles are used, the first person to use up all the tiles in hand wins the game.
5. Backgammon: One of the oldest board games that are usually played by two is Backgammon. In this game, the dice is rolled and the playing pieces are moved according to the turn as it falls. The player who is first in removing all his pieces from the board before his opponent is marked to be the winner of the game. As this game involves the use of rolling the dice, it is a marked as a game of luck and strategy. It is the dice, in reality, that decides the winner of a single game but if the game is played in several series then the most strategic player accumulates most scores and can win the series.
6. Scrabble: Scrabble is one of the most popular board games where the players have to form words from the partner’s letter tiles as well as their own. This is a very old game though.
So, chuck your TV remote and put your cell phones aside to try these board games mentioned here which are bound to help you spend an amazing and fun time with your partners and bring out the child in you!