At this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held in Las Vegas, Lenovo announced the Yoga 3 with a 11-inch and a 14-inch display options. Loaded with Microsoft Windows 8.1, both variants are powered by a 5th generation Intel processor.
The laptop is the upgraded version of the Yoga 3 pro that was launched last year. At 18.3mm, the Yoga 3 seems to be a bit thicker compared to its predecessor which has a slender 2.7-inch body. In terms of weight, the 11 inch model is just 2.4 pounds, which makes it one of the lightest laptops around.
- 11-inch / 14-inch with a 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Operating System
- 128GB SSD / 256GB SSD / 500GB HD
- 8GB RAM
- Price in INR: 1,43,999 (approx)
The most interesting thing about the new Yoga 3 is its multi-mode capability. The hinge opens up 360 degrees, which lets you use the laptop as a tablet. Lenovo, this time decided to come up with a cutting edge design that offers the users the highest level of flexibility.
The Yoga 3 will be up for grabs by March this year. The 11 inch model will cost somewhere around $800, while the 14-inch variant will come with a price tag of $980. Taking into consideration the design and the internal features, the price seems to be quite right.
Along with the Yoga 3, Lenovo also unveiled the Thinkpad Yoga, which marked the entrance of ‘Yoga’ into the Thinkpad family. The laptop will be available in 12, 14 and 15-inch variants
- 1080p touchscreen and a back-lit keyboard
- Weighs under 1.5kg
- The 15-inch variant features a RealSense 3D camera
- The Thinkpad Yoga models are powered by a 5th generation Intel Core i7 processor and come preloaded with Microsoft Windows 8.1 OS.
- Price in INR: 1,12,418 (approx)
The 12 and the 15 inch variants are most likely to hit store by next month with a price tag of $1,000 and $1,200 respectively. However, those eyeing the 14-inch model will have to wait until May.
YOGA TABLET 2
That’s not all. Lenovo decided to spread its wings further in the tablet market with the new Yoga Tablet 2.
- 8 inch screen display along with 2 front-facing speakers, Dolby audio and Wolfson Master Noise Reduction
- Powered by an Intel Atom processor and a long lasting battery
- Priced at INR 20,990 (approx)
LaVie Z SERIES
Talking it all a step forward, Lenovo also launched the LaVie Z series that will feature the lightest available laptops and hybrid models. The brand new series is the product of the Lenovo and the NEC collaboration. The duo will be designing NEC-branded devices that will be strictly targeted towards the Japanese market.
- LaVie Z HZ550 and the LaVie Z HZ750 feature a magnesium-lithium chassis
- 50% lighter than those consisting of an aluminium chassis
- HZ550 features a Core i5 processor, while HZ750 packs in the Core i7
- Presently, 128 GB SSD is standard in both variants
- Price INR: NA
The 12 and the 15 inch variants are most likely to hit store by next month in the US with a price tag of $1,000 and $1,200 respectively. However, those eyeing the 14-inch model will have to wait until May.
With these new gizmos trying to find their way to the front-end of the gadget arena, Lenovo plans to give multi-mode devices a brand new meaning, and no wonder it has indeed succeeded in doing so. So, if you plan to upgrade to something that’s stylish and offers the best performance, you might want to consider bringing home one of these by Lenovo.