6 Lesser known facts about our Republic Day
Despite the recent debates regarding intolerance in our country, there are a lot of other things that we feel proud of. We even have days dedicated for our countries milestones, and they’re known as national festivals. It is a festive season, indeed, as we celebrate our nation and its growth every year.
Most of us know that 26th January is celebrated as Republic day and that’s the day our Constitution came into force, but here are some other interesting facts.
- Our constitution is the world’s longest. It consisted of 395 articles and 8 schedules. Currently, the Constitution has over 442 articles and 12 schedules.
- On this day, along with the President a Foreign head of state is the official guest.
- In the first republic day parade, there were more than 100 aircraft that participated in the event.
- Initially, the parade was held at different venues like the Irwin Stadium, Kingsway, Red fort, etc. In the year 1955 Raj path (Kingsway) became the permanent venue.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s favorite Christian hymn ‘Abide with me’ is played every year on this day.
- The Indian flag’s width to length ratio is 2:3 and is made of Khadi.
Our republic day also comes with major sales from the top brands. With Couponraja Republic Day Offers get all the best deals in online marketplace at your fingertips. Enjoy the nation holiday with a collection of best offers from the online brands. Don't forget to earn your extra cashback on all your purchases.